Monday 15 March 2010

Blog Hop Combo Happy Birthday!

Hello everyone hope all of you had a fun weekend. There's a blog hop going on SPCC.Go over to check it out and be inspired and win prizes :)Blog Hop Combo . So the color combo
Pretty easy color combo but to use some thing  recyclyed was a bit challenging becuase it is a go green blog hop.
I recycled a box top.
First I painted the box top with some blue paint. Then I didn't have turquise ribbon so I just took my white satin ribbon and inked it in turquise ink. Then I sewed it and stick it up to the box top. The Happy Birthday is a stampin' up retired stamp.After stamping it on a textured cardstock it gives the distressed look not perfect. I live in dubai so we don't have stampin' up over here. Whenever I go to the states I just fill up one of my suitcase with supplies :D, .... In the end I just cut out some hearts and took out a butterfly from my sticker stash.Sorry I can't stop myself from the stiching lines they just add this last touch :)

Oh and the blog hop I did that before making this card to be inspired and thanks to the DT I was inpired
Hope you liked it.Enjoy the week Have fun!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the ribbon and the faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your ribbon technique! This is a beautiful project, thanks for joining in the blog hop!
    Robbyn - SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great idea! love the painting of the box and GREAT idea inking up your white ribbon! so cute, and love that sentiment stamp!
    - Shauna {SP Diva}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you dyed your ribbon! What a great idea!

    Allison - SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Such a great project!! Loving all your details and inking your ribbon is a brilliant idea!! Thanks so much for Blog Hopping with us!

    Deanne SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the box top and inking your ribbon! I love it!
    Thanks for playing at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job! Love the inked ribbon. Melisa-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete